Agent to Agent: Feeling Confident in Your Insurance Agency
By Daniel W. Post, CIC
Post Insurance Services
Leading your insurance team to success comes with obstacles along the way. However, no matter how stressed you may get, remember that you have experience with the unpredictable. Your agency helps clients through different catastrophes each day. Although you may sometimes lack confidence in your leadership skills, you must realize you are in business because your loyal customers trust you. This fact should motivate you to do better and feel better about your insurance agency.
Wondering how you can gain the confidence you need to run a positive, dedicated, and dependable agency? Here are some tips to follow:
- When a new experience comes along, learn from it rather than being fearful. Taking risks, whether large or small, can challenge you to become more confident.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. Instead, evaluate your actions independently to make final decisions.
- Reflect on how much your agency has progressed over time. Although you may only be concerned about what is going on in the moment, going back and seeing how the agency has grown can help you give yourself more credit.Make sure to not only inspire yourself, but your employees as well. They are part of your vision too, so let your motivated spirit rub off on them.
- Be genuine in your confidence. Do your job to the best of your abilities and learn new skills everyday to make your customers that much more happy.
- Ask for advice or feedback whenever you feel unsure. This is why you have an insurance team behind you, to support you in good times and in bad.
- Make your well-being a priority so you can prevent burnout.
By trying out these strategies, you may be on your way to becoming a more confident leader! In addition, you can see the positive affects changing your attitude has on your entire agency. The community and your employees depend on your guidance, so show them you are motivated to lead them to success and meet all of their needs.
Post Insurance Services is a second generation, family-owned independent insurance agency based out of Torrance, California. Daniel Post is the president of the agency. He’s been in the insurance business for over 30 years. He uses his experience and expertise to take the mystery and headache out of insurance for clients.