Ensure Your Clients Are Covered With PIA Cyber Insurance
PIA and ABA Insurance Services (ABAIS) have worked with Great American E&S Insurance Company (rated A+ by A.M. Best) to create a cyber insurance program tailor-made for small and mid-sized businesses. PIA cyber insurance can protect businesses from computer, network and internet-based risks. As a PIA member you are eligible to sell the PIA enhanced cyber insurance product to your clients.
Important Details About PIA Cyber Insurance:
- PIA cyber insurance is a non-admitted program.
- ABAIS will file all surplus lines taxes. PIA member producers will need to provide ABAIS with completed surplus lines forms in certain states.
- Direct bill (agency bill available)
- Sales commission: 12.5%
In order to sell the PIA enhanced cyber product, you must be a PIA member. By logging in to the form above you are validating your PIA membership. After submitting the form above, you will hear from ABAIS within a few business days.
Already appointed to sell cyber insurance through ABA Insurance Services? Tell them that you are a PIA member so you can start selling the PIA enhanced cyber insurance product. To tell ABAIS you're a PIA member, simply fill out the PIA Cyber Interest Form.
Need more information?Attend a webinar.
Not a PIA member?Contact your local PIA affiliate to become a member today.
PIA Cyber Insurance Coverage Details:
The PIA enhanced cyber insurance policy covers both first and third party loss. Coverage includes:
In addition to the seven coverage parts provided under the PIA cyber insurance policy, PIA and ABAIS have worked with Great American Insurance Company to provide PIA agents with reduced rates compared to ABAIS’s standard program for social engineering coverage as well as the following policy enhancements:
- Expanded definition of multimedia wrongful acts – unauthorized use of website links, frames, formats, fonts, style, characters, titles
- Coverage for HIPAA fines
- Extended notice of Data Compromise (data breach event) from 5 to 30 days
- Extended notice of Claim from 60 to 90 days after the end of the Policy Period
- Extended notice of Non-Renewal from 60 to 90 days in advance of the Policy Expiration
To purchase PIA cyber insurance for your agency, contact your local PIA affiliate.
Cyber Insurance Marketing Support
If you are currently writing cyber insurance or are looking for resources to educate your clients and yourself about the seven most common cyber risks faced by small and mid-sized businesses, review the additional resources below:
Cyber 101: Created by PIA and The PIA Partnership, visit Cyber 101 to access 30-minute webinars, interactive claims examples, and customizable general cyber education materials to share with your clients.
Customized PIA Cyber Coverage Summary Sheet (PIA members only)
Contact Dave Rupnow at ABA Insurance Services at (800) 274-5222 or DRupnow@abais.com.